Friday, January 27, 2012

Lego Party

 For Hannah's 5th Birthday Party, she decided that she wanted a Lego Party.  This was a lot of fun.  We kept coming up with more and more ideas for this party.  I was ready for the party to be here so that I didn't keep adding more.

I started with  the Lego wall a few weeks before the party.  I cut out the rectangles out of construction paper and cut the circles out with my Cricut.  I made the circles pop out by gluing pieces of cardboard between them and the rectangles.  All-in-all, I had over 200 of these sticky-tacked to the wall.  I loved how it turned out, but I might have to agree with my husband that I'm a little crazy.
We decided that one of the games would be pin the Lego head on the Lego man.  I used Lego font for the kids' names and taped those onto the Lego heads that we cut out.  My husband printed out giant Lego men and I traced them out with magic markers.
 I cut out Lego kirigami men for the food decorations and made bowls for the little snacks out of Legos.  I also made jelly Legos (although I never did get a close up shot of those).



I liked adding little Lego touches around the house. :)


 For their party favors, I made little Lego coloring books using the same techniques as the Lego wall Legos and filled those with Lego themed coloring pages.  I also used my Lego molds and made Lego crayons.
 To top of the party favors, we put them in Lego decorated bags.

The girls helped me make the Lego bouquets.  I figured that since this was a girls party, I would add in the flowers (and of course Lego pieces).
 My Lego cake definitely didn't turn out how I had pictured in my mind, but the kids still liked it.

No comments:

Post a Comment