Sunday, June 30, 2013

Kids' Summer Bucket List Week 2

Kids' Summer Bucket List Week 2

We had another busy week around here.  I had quite a bit of fun and I’m pretty sure that the girls did too!

Saturday - Original Wisconsin Ducks


On Saturday, we headed out for a ride on the Wisconsin Ducks.  If you don’t know what these are, check out this website: http://wisconsinducktours.com and if you are in the area, I suggest you check them out.  I had quite a bit of fun and the girls did too.  They have already been asking to go again, which we will in the future.   We’ll wait for the baby number 3 to get older and for another coupon.






Sunday – Mt. Olympus Waterpark

After church on Sunday, we spent most of the rest of the day at Mt. Olympus Waterpark in the Dells.  We all had a great time, but were very grateful to have free tickets for the park.  H is already trying to plan another waterpark visit for this summer.

Monday – Condensed Milk Painting and Library Program

We have a great library here in town which has wonderful programs all year long, but especially in the summer.  The girls have signed up for the summer reading program and were able to drop off their reading slips to win their prizes this week.  We also were able to go to their weekly program.  This week was a presentation with live exotic animals.  The woman who came brought a number of different animals including a kikachu, giant toad, fennec fox, armadillo, baby wallaby, and a Burmese python.  I was as interested in the program as the girls were.



















We also tried out condensed milk painting.  I got the idea from the blog, ECE Made Easy, http://ecemadeeasy.com/posts/painting-with-condensed-milk/ and was happy with the outcome.  It easy to mix, not too messy to paint with, and I liked how glossy the picture was.  Now, I will say that a day later, it was sticky, but that shouldn’t be too surprising since we were painting with milk.  We took some pictures so the girls could remember them, but then we tossed them.










Tuesday – Bouncy Water Balloons and Play date at the Park

We will have to try the bouncy water balloons on another day.  The balloons we had were way too small and we couldn’t get the new layers of balloons over the original balloon. 
This idea came from The Idea Room at http://www.theidearoom.net/2010/06/make-bouncy-balloon-balls.html

As for the play date, the girls had a blast.  We spent a few hours with their friends at a park that was new to my girls.




Wednesday – we took this day off again because of Summer School, a doctor’s appointment that took way too long, and T-Ball practice for both girls.

Thursday – Foil Drawing and Verona Beach


We prepped the picture ahead of time by printing off some designs we found on Google Image Search and tracing them with glue.  We tried hot glue on one of the pictures, but I was having trouble keeping my hand steady while tracing the image.  On the other picture, my husband used tacky glue, which seemed to work a whole lot better.  

Honestly, the girls were only slightly interested in this project, but my husband and I really liked how they turned out.

Using Tacky Glue

Using Hot Glue Gun


 

















Thursday afternoon, my mother-in-law also took the girls to a local beach while I was at a prenatal appointment.  I was able to join them afterwards for a couple of hours.




Friday – 4th of July Flag Handprints

I have seen this idea listed in a few different places on Pinterest and thought it would be a fun and easy craft to do.  The girls liked having their hands painted and I think the pictures turned out pretty cute.










No comments:

Post a Comment